Mitsubishi Outlander Range Extender - PHEV Box
PHEVBox – range extender and ICE Stopper (for the Outlander PHEV 2013-early 2017)
Enables Electric only mode to over 100 kph unless you kick down.
- Allows more progressive throttle control for better coasting and paddle efficiency
- Greater petrol economy
- Extend your Electric range by 5-10% and make your petrol last longer
- Works by emulating the “hypermiling” technique used worldwide of “coasting” (use of N) and the technique as already available on the Mitsubishi Outlander B0 to B5 paddles – but automatically
- Does modify the ECU or make the PHEV do anything you can't do manually and is a standard feature of the 2017 Outlander (but check your warranty)
- Delivers a greater range out of your battery, especially useful if your EV battery is becoming older and the mileage is reducing
- Uses the ECO mode and can be bypassed
- Simple installation. Download Instructions.
These have been tested in NZ and on an airport run of mixed city/highway driving increased the EV range up to 58 km.
Refer to evTuning for additional information and videos.
Two-year warranty, return-to-base.